Well, it’s pouring snow in Indiana, so I think it’s a perfect time to write a cozy blog post.
First things first, I have a new Facebook page! If you’re in the U.S., check out Bargain Hunting by Petiteloulou. Some of the tips may apply to other countries, but most of the couponing works only in the U.S.
In other news, entertainment, just like almost everything else, is getting more expensive each year. So, in light of 2017, I thought I would pay homage to an entity luddites and technology fanatics can both agree is affordable, the Sunday paper.
Here are a few good reasons to spend two or three bucks on a Sunday paper
- Keep up on current events without TV or an Internet connection. Spend all day catching up on news and still have more pages to read.
- Learn about free local events!
- Find free or cheap bargains in the classifieds!
- Coupons! If you redeem just a few coupons clipped from your Sunday paper, the paper pays for itself. Keep in mind sometimes there are no inserts during holidays. If you’re curious about what coupons will be featured in an upcoming paper, check out this website: Sunday Coupon Preview.
- Comics! Children and children at heart love the comics section. Hang on to some of them to use as a clever alternative to wrapping paper.
- Get the family involved: Have everyone pitch in on coupon clipping. Have the kids look up vocabulary or geographic locations featured in the paper. The possibilities are endless!
- Got more ideas? Please share in the comments!
Until next time,