Trimming the fat on the monthly budget doesn’t mean you have to cut the fun out of your life. Here are a few tips to get the ball rollin’.
- Get your local/state festival guide for a list of fun events nearby.
- Pick up the Sunday paper from time to time for coupons, comics, and information on global, national, and local events. That’s pretty good for 2 or 3 bucks!
- Keep a weather bank. If you have children, this is a fun way to teach them about weather and saving money. Whatever the temperature is each day, put the same number of cents in the bank as the number of degrees. At the end of the year, spend it on something fun, or even donate that amount to charity!
- Hit the library every chance you get. Also, find out when your local library holds community events.
- Try to learn a new skill each month. Head to YouTube, the library (again), or talk to an expert. Make it a family affair and learn together!